Here is the template for SWOT Analysis that I use. Do you use a template? Or have you discovered a SWOT Analysis template that you can share with us and our readers? How to find out Opportunities and Threats in SWOT?
How to find out Opportunities and Threats- These were the top questions I asked: What opportunities to learn are open to me now Or in the near future? Are these new skills or improvements or deepening of skills? Can I learn or gain new knowledge through self study or reading or watching videos or tutorials? Are there experts or contacts that I can leverage for knowledge-sharing or experience sharing? Are there failures or short comings that I can fill the gap ? Are there complaints or feedback that I can find solutions to? Is there an unfulfilled or unexpressed need around me? What top questions come to my mind?
Mindtools recommends asking:
For Opportunities in SWOT Analysis:
- What good opportunities can you spot?
- What interesting trends are you aware of?
Useful opportunities can come from such things as:
- Changes in technology and markets on both a broad and narrow scale.
- Changes in government policy related to your field.
- Changes in social patterns, population profiles, lifestyle changes, and so on.
- Local events.